Located at a very strategic point on hill with a sea-level of 855 m the Hohenzollern Castle is dating back to 1061 when it was built as a Fortress. In 1267 it became the first Castle Complex which was totally destroyed in 1423. After 21 years the second Castle complex was constructed bigger in size and more stronger. During the "Thirty Years War" (1618-1648), the Castle was converted in to a Fortress.
The castle is located 50 km far from city Stuttgart a one-hour car drive from the Stuttgart Airport.
The castle is open to public and the up coming events are as follows :
Events of Hohenzollern Castle
- Golden Autumn Days - Swabian Potpourri
30 September - 03 October 2017 (Saturday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday)
- Royal Christmas Market on 1. and 2. Advent weekend
01 - 03 + 08 - 10 December 2017
- Mother's Day - 13 May 2018
- Shakespeare's "The Tragedy of Julius Caesar" (Open Air Theatre in English)
26 June 2018
- Open Air Cinema (in German language)
06 & 07 July 2018 (Friday & Saturday)